Monday, September 14, 2009
So tonight we are making chili for a ward dinner. I'll probably let Adam do most of the actual cooking, since I'm not looking to start a cold epidemic here. We plan to start at 5:30. And I'm bored. And I thinking, life has to be pretty busy if you find your self with 15 spare minutes and you get bored. I'm so used to having my time allocated for different things, I don't know what to do with myself when I have free time. So I blogged. :)
Sunday, September 13, 2009
So before we left his house, Adam presented me with a large selection of medications. I chose a sudafed cold pill, took it with some water, and we left to watch a movie at my house. When we arrived I got ready for bed very quickly because I knew once that stuff kicked in there would be no washing my face or brushing my teeth. After the movie Adam let himself out and I remained unconscious for the remainder of the night.
This morning I knew we had to meet with the Bishop, being engaged and all that, and we'd already rescheduled so many times so I managed to pull myself out of bed and get ready for church. Things we a little foggy, as cold medicine affects me maybe more than most. It was driving to church when I realized I probably shouldn't be allowed to operate large machinery right now. But the drive to church is only like 2 miles so managed to arrive alive. Adam sweetly sat by my side as we talked with the bishop and I nodded every so often to look as if I understood. Seriously, not much was making sense to me. I hope it does later.
I sat through sacrament meeting, because it takes a lot for me to miss church, but I knew I needed to go home and sleep off the rest of this medicine when it was over. So here I am in my comfy bed, blogging about it. Adam will pick me up in an hour and he'll take me to his house and make me dinner. His parents are gone to Vegas or else I would for sure stay home. No sense in exposing others to this joyful experience!
Hope all of you are feeling well this fine Sunday! As for me, I think I have the Holy Hallelujah Cold.
Friday, September 4, 2009
Friday, August 7, 2009
Okay, so this one would have needed sleeves added, but its beautiful. I was having a hard time figuring out what to do with my hands. . .
Apparently at my wedding I might need to direct a choir. Here I am practicing I think.
I LOVED this dress. I think it would be my dress except it cost 3 times more than I wanted to pay. Sad day.
Oh my gosh, what is with this smile. Its more scary than it is friendly.
I think the best way to show off a wedding dress is with your hands on your hips. At least, I did before I saw all these pictures!
This is one of my other favorite poses, though not quite as popular as hands on hips.
I will not be wearing a veil on my wedding day, but they stuck one on me anyway. Its just sitting there on top of my head, its not connected to anything. I'd like to think this is why I'm making that face.
Little Bo Peep has lost her sheep. . .
Hands on hips.
Half smile. Awful really.
And the final hands on hips pose (that I posted. There are lots more)
This looks like a confused person.
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
1. The shower in the Pinecrest Inn smelled very strongly of sulfur. I almost couldn't finish shaving my legs, but I held my breath and made it through!
2. Next for us was a stop to Reed's Dairy for some famous chocolate milk (made with potato flakes!) The smell there was the farm-ish smell of cows. Would this day be full of insulting smells??
3. Armed with our milk and some cheap doughnuts we headed to the temple to wait out side to see the beautiful bride and groom. As Adam walked in front of me I could smell his wonderful cologne. MMMMmmmmmm.
4. Soon it was off to Blackfoot to finish setting up for the luncheon. We walked into the Stake Center and I realized it doesn't matter where you are, an LDS Stake Center is always going to smell like an LDS Stake Center. Why is that?
5. In between the luncheon and reception we had 3 hours to kill. One of the activities we decided to do was bowling at the alley right next to the church. Just like the Stake Center, the bowling alley had the same smell you get in almost all bowling alleys! We had a fun time and I was totally oblivious to the truckers checking me out. Adam wasn't. :)
6. After staying at the reception for almost an hour we were headed back home. The last distinguishable smell of the evening was the smell of cut grass as we drove through farm after farm making our way back to Utah and Salt Lake.
Thanks to Tiffanie and James and their family for a wonderful day and so many great ideas for my own wedding!
Friday, July 10, 2009
1. Zion's Canyon with the Thomas family for four days. This included some walks, hikes and a 20 mile bike ride that kicked my trash.
2. A couple days of rest which I should have used to pack my apartment.
3. A three day conference at BYU where I learned the latest about Fashion and Interior Design requirements in the state of Utah and took a full day cooking course from Chef John Johnson (who said I had amazing eyes but criticized my choice in footwear)
4. Left straight from that conference (picked Adam up in a Wal Mart parking lot first) and drove all the way to Palm Desert. Arrived at about 2am California time. We had a great time in Palm Desert with my family. We hiked, we went to the temple, we went to a water park and of course we golfed!
5. Leaving Palm Desert we drove to my home town of Lancaster. We went bowling on Saturday, church on Sunday and Six Flags Magic Mountain on Monday. We drove back to Salt Lake with Kellie on Tuesday.
6. Adam and I drove to Rexburg and back in one day to take Kellie back to her apartment.
7. I moved in four days from my apartment to my friend Jacquelynn's basement.
8. I picked out my ring! Its so awesome.
And that about brings us up to date on my summer so far. Why do I feel like its going WAY TO FAST???
Wednesday, June 3, 2009
4 cloves garlic, chopped fine
Olive oil, enough to coat garlic in the pan but not so much you have oily pasta
1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
Red pepper flakes, to taste (or leave out if you prefer)
Fresh basil, about 10 leaves
Fresh feta, to taste
So fry up chopped garlic in olive oil in a small or medium sauce pan. Add tomatoes, salt, pepper and pepper flakes. Let simmer for about 5 minutes. Toss on penne or your favorite pasta. Add chopped fresh basil and feta.
When I made this last night, I added quite a bit of the feta. I love it. But it kind of detracted from the flavor of the basil, so next time I would use less. If you don't like feta you can use parmesan.
Now that I think about it, why didn't I also add some of the fresh oregano??? :)
Friday, May 22, 2009
Thursday, May 14, 2009
I just saw an old picture of me. I want my long hair back!!
Saturday, May 2, 2009
This is not actually a picture of Harry, but it looks a lot like him.
Sunday, April 26, 2009
I am terrified of people in masks. Okay, so maybe its not that big of a secret! Yesterday we were at the Bee's Baseball game (a AAA Minor league team in case you were wondering) in the IKEA Suite. It was AWESOME. So we're sitting safe in our warm box watching the game and Adam points down to the mascot and asks me if I'm afraid of him. Well, no, not from this distance. A glass of water and a soda later I have to go to the bathroom so I ask the two cheerleaders that have come into our box if they know where it is. They tell me and I leave. When I return, the cheerleaders have been joined by a camera man AND. . . Bumble, the Bee mascot! In a very tiny room!! I look in, the Bee has his back to me, Adam takes one look at my face and bursts in to laughter. I couldn't decide what to do. Turn and run? Eventually I have the courage to walk quickly but quietly to Adam and make me protect me from this tall scary masked person. I don't understand this fear! I know it doesn't make ANY SENSE. It doesn't matter. So I try to be quiet as I say "Just hug me," to Adam. I know that if I make any noise it will turn its attention to me and that is the LAST thing I want. Adam says, "Look Kim, see, its just a man." And then Bumble hugs us. I'm still clinging to Adam for dear life. The Bee walks away, I let go. A few second later it gives me a paper that says: "Don't bee scared, I only sting on Thursdays. Bumble" The camera man films the IKEA room and it goes on the big screen. The cheerleaders and Bumble show off the beautiful IKEA kitchen in the suite and then they are gone. Later Adam points out Bumble back down on the field. "Are you afraid?" Well, no, not from this distance.
Monday, April 20, 2009
1. Family Reunion in Palm Desert
2. Summer Conference at BYU (not so much fun, but I'm excited its at BYU!!)
3. Kenny Chesney concert July 23
5. ProStart Training for a week in August!
6. Living with Tiffanie!!! Finally I'll get to see her more than once a week for 5 minutes!
7. Swimming! So much my hair turns green!
8. Getting tan (with the help of the sun and my sunless tanner)
9. Growing my herb garden! Last year was a failure, but I have high hopes for this year!!
10. Eating salad! I love salad, but especially in the summer. Even better when you get produce from a farmer's market!!!
Oh man! I'm so excited!!
Monday, April 6, 2009
What you are about to hear is a true story. Last night after we had eaten dinner and dessert, Adam and I were watching the CMA's and he got up and went into the kitchen. He started rummaging around in the cupboards, so I asked him if he was still hungry. "I'm just craving some licorice." "Licorice?" "Yeah." "Oh," I said, "here, I have some in my purse." Yep, I had a whole pack of licorice in my purse and he had no idea. I have expected him to wish for a million dollars next. "A million dollars? Oh, here, I have that in my purse." :)
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Just a few things I think are awesome lately: (in no particular order)
1. John Krasinski’s voice on Verizon commercials.
2. Adam’s crazy weird performance on American Idol. (I may be the only person who liked it. . . but obviously there were other people voting for him!)
3. Warm weather! (er, warmer)
4. Shakes made with hot cocoa mix.
5. Sleep. I don’t think I’ve fully adjusted to the time change yet!
6. 30% off my favorite makeup (perscriptivesonline.com) and FREE shipping! (sometimes it pays to read junk emails)
7. This clear plastic glitter ring I won at Boondocks on Friday.
8. Tissues. I’ve needed a lot as my allergies get worse. See #3.
9. Clean kitchens, even if it means I have to run the dishwasher every day!
10. Retro Interior Design books given to me from the school library.
Friday, March 13, 2009
Monday, March 2, 2009
I decided that after having long hair for over two years now (long meaning past my shoulders) it was time for a change. So I made the plunge and got "celested" by my friend Celeste, who obviously cuts hair. We realized that there would probably be enough hair to donate when she cut it and there was just barely. I cut off 9" and Pantene Beautiful Lengths will accept anything over 8". So just a plug for them, you can donate your hair and not have to sacrifice so much!! Celeste did, in my opinion, an amazing job!! And I had so much fun chatting with her. Adam was looking for me in Sunday school and missed me because he was looking for my hair. Our friend Nettie had to point me out to him! Ha ha, its been so much fun!
Monday, February 16, 2009
So for Valentine's Adam and I went to the high school dance. Not by choice, this is one of my work responsibilities. But we had a good time with it. We got all dressed up and had a fun time chaperoning and dancing. Of course he took me out to dinner and a movie (Confessions of a Shopaholic, because its my favorite book!) the night before. So we kind of got to celebrate twice. So here we are, so cute and dressed up for the high school dance!
Saturday, January 24, 2009
Thursday, January 15, 2009
Monday, January 5, 2009
Sunday, January 4, 2009
And life keeps going.
School starts tomorrow and in two weeks we start a new semester.
And I have so much work I feel terribly overwhelmed.
But it doesn't matter much because time will continue and soon it will be my summer break.
And then soon summer will be over.
And school will start again.
And the beat goes on.