Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I Try To Learn From The Best

I'm always looking for teachers examples that I can follow, tricks of the trade that they use that I can experiment with in my class. Today I was watching Willy Wonka and I thought the teacher was AWESOME! Here are two quotes that shows just what a great teacher he is:

"I've just decided to switch our Friday schedule to Monday, which means that the test we take each Friday on what we learned during the week will now take place on Monday before we've learned it. But since today is Tuesday, it doesn't matter in the slightest. Pencils ready!"

"Of course you don't know. You don't know because only I know. If you knew and I didn't know, then you'd be teaching me instead of me teaching you - and for a student to be teaching his teacher is presumptuous and rude. Do I make myself clear?"

PS I forgot this movie was a musical. . .

No comments: