Monday, September 27, 2010

Marriage

For me, marriage was never about not being alone. I didn't mind being alone. Friday nights were totally awesome if I had a date, or if I just watched a chick flick and did my toe nails.

Marriage wasn't about security. I had my own car, my own job, and my own apartment (okay, I shared with a roommate. . . ), I think I was pretty secure.

Marriage wasn't about passion, I think I was living just fine without it.

No, marriage wasn't about filling a void. I loved my life. I would only get married because it was so great it would be nice to share. I would only get married if I found a person that complimented me for who I was.

How did I know Adam was the perfect guy for me? A lot ways really, but I think it was driven home to me the other night. Adam was reading the scriptures to me. 2 Nephi 19 to be exact. When he came to vs 6 he paused. And he didn't have to tell me why he paused. I knew! He paused so I could sing it!! Because I wouldn't have focused on another word if I didn't get it out of my system!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love marriage. I love my children. I love everything about sharing my life with another

Terry Hermansen said...

I love Adam too!! He really understands you!! (-: Thanks for being who you are, Adam! Love, Mom

thack said...

This reminds of our famous WG1 quote by Rachelle: We all have cars, we all have jobs. I think we're fine.

Love you!