Friday, June 25, 2010

It was all Yellow

So I'm sitting here suffering from a really bad allergy attack. Just when I think its going to end and the tickle in my nose stops its torture, it just starts right back up again with a single watery eye and very good reason to blow my nose. If I could just sneeze I think I would feel better, but its not that kind of allergy attack, its just teasing with me. ANYWAY. . . So I didn't want to shower and do my make up yet, because it would all come off the left side of my face so I thought I would wait it out by writing a blog post. I don't know what is going to make this episode end, its not like I've taken any medicine, I'm not that smart. ANYWAY. . .

Have you ever taken the color test? Red, white, blue, yellow??? Well I heard a presentation by this guy on Wednesday and it was great. And he said that no matter what, our core personality will never change. So I guess I was wrong that I used to be a yellow and now I think that I'm a red, and that I thought at some point in my childhood I was a white, but I know that I have never ever been a blue, because that means I would have to be super selfless, which I am not. Plus I've never been a worrier.

So in watching his presentation I have once again decided that I am a yellow personality that learned how to be assertive (he explained in his presentation that its the healthy thing to do as an adult yellow). A few things that helped me realize what I was:

  • Yellows are motivated by fun. They try to incorporate fun into everyday. When people seemed to ME like they didn't have very meaningful lives (so nice of me to judge, I know) I could never understand why they didn't do more FUN things. Its what keeps me going through the hard times, looking forward to something fun in the future.
  • Yellows wake up loving themselves every day for no good reason. Enough said.
  • Yellows, like everyone else, carry around a trash can where they keep all of their insults and bad things that happen to them. The only difference is that yellows have a hole in the bottom and have a hard time getting upset. Okay, hold on before you start thinking of all the times I have gotten mad. I'm not perfect on this one! BUT it reminds me of how I smile when I'm upset with Adam and how I laugh when I yell at my classes for being bad. But yeah, I can hold a grudge too.
  • Yellows are afraid to face the facts. I used to not open bills if I knew I couldn't pay for them. I DON'T KNOW WHY!!! Anyway, Adam pays the bills now.
  • Now I'm going to make myself pretty and get some work done around the house. I kind of want to have a party tonight!!

No comments: